CaGIS is pleased to re-announce the call for submissions of extended abstracts for AutoCarto 2020. AutoCarto 2020 will be offered online as a set of extended abstracts and associated recorded presentations, if desired. These will go live on November 18, 2020. Viewers will have the opportunity to contact presenters with questions or comments. Extended abstracts will also be published in the AutoCarto 2020 Online Proceedings.
The theme of AutoCarto 2020 is WhereNext. We welcome submissions of extended abstracts for research presentations with a topical or technical emphasis related to WhereNext. We are not only looking at where we are and where to go next, but we challenge the ideas of where and next in terms of meaning, communication, visualization, and reasoning in the new age of automation, robotic revolution, and artificial intelligence (AI).
- Newly submitted extended abstracts due: September 15, 2020 (please choose New Paper as the submission type)
- Newly submitted extended abstract decisions: September 30, 2020
- Revised extended abstracts due: September 30, 2020
- Presentations due: November 1, 2020
The AutoCarto 2020 Online Proceedings will be published on the AutoCarto website (https://cartogis.design/autocarto/autocarto-2020/). These proceedings will be comprised of extended abstracts that have been reviewed and accepted by the Program Committee. The online proceedings will be open-access, and authors will retain copyright over their submissions.
Guidelines for Submitting an Extended Abstract
- Submit extended abstracts via EasyChair.
- Include title, authors, affiliations, and the email for the corresponding author.
- Include no more than 1,500 words of research description with clear statements on objectives and novelty.
- We welcome completed research projects, work in progress, or visionary works that probe new directions in cartography and GIScience.
- All abstracts must follow the styles and formats required by the CaGIS journal. A template in (.doc) format and guidelines in (PDF) format are provided for your convenience.
- Authors will be notified of the selection of extended abstracts for publication.
Newly Submitted Extended Abstracts
If you haven’t already submitted an extended abstract, now is your chance. Follow the Guidelines for Submitting an Extended Abstract. Please be sure to choose New Paper as the submission type. The deadline for submitting a new extended abstract is September 15, 2020. These abstracts will be reviewed by the Program Committee. Decisions about newly submitted extended abstract decisions will be announced September 30, 2020.
Accepted Extended Abstracts
Extended abstracts that have already been accepted for presentation will automatically be published in the AutoCarto 2020 Online Proceedings. Please inform May Yuan, Program Chair, at email@example.com if you wish to withdraw your already accepted extended abstract. The deadline for withdrawing an extended abstract is September 30, 2020.
Revised Extended Abstracts
If you want to revise your extended abstract that has already been accepted for presentation, now is your chance. Login in to EasyChair, select your paper, view it, and click Update file to replace the extended abstract with a revision. The deadline for revising an already accepted extended abstract is September 30, 2020.
Guidelines for Presentations
Authors whose extended abstracts have been accepted are invited to share a presentation that will be published on the AutoCarto 2020 website along with their presentation. The deadline for submitting presentations is November 1, 2020.
Guidelines for Submitting a Presentation
- Authors may share either a PDF document of their slides or an MP4 video of their recorded presentation, or both.
- Provide contact information for the corresponding presenter for questions or comments from viewers.
- Upload the PDF and/or MP4 files to a cloud storage service (e.g., Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, or OneDrive).
- Please email the shared link to May Yuan, Program Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shared files will automatically be copied to an AutoCarto archive to assure retention of the hyperlinks.
- Please inform May Yuan at email@example.com if you do not want your presentation materials archived. In this case, the link to the presentation on the cloud storage service you used will remain live for one year, after which it will be deleted from the AutoCarto website.